Tuesday, January 17, 2012

PAPER MOON...

On the first morning of Capsule in Paris last October, after moonlighting as Nina of Family Affairs' slightly cackhanded steaming expert and early morning coffee companion at her stand, I made a beeline for Colenimo's.

I'd already had the honour of being Colenimo's first ever webshop customer, when I bought my lovely Amelia jumper, but I wanted to get a good look at spring/summer 12, which I loved. I didn't know until just now that it's inspired by Paper Moon, one of my favourite films of the 1970s. Set during the Great Depression, directed by Peter Bogdanovich and starring real life father and daughter Ryan and Tatum O'Neal who are both amazing in it. 


Love that scene. They were so good together. And then later in life... not so much. 


Colenimo very sweetly let me choose one of their polaroids of the lookbook - I took the one nearest to the centre bottom in the photo above, with the sun. 



A couple more pictures I took of the collection at their stand. As always, liking the detachable collars. 















And a couple of pictures from the lookbook, which you can see in its entirety here - I've got a feeling the Colenimo webshop is going to be getting a hasty order from me for the faded indigo shirt (above left) for starters.

{Clip from Paper Moon, first 3 photos by me, lookbook photos by Jenny & Lee}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh this is all very pretty!
oh and the sun/flares in the lens always reminds me of the 70's and mark borthwick's photography (and of paris but in a personal trip in my head way)...;))