Sunday, July 18, 2010

I TOLD YOU I WAS ILL...

Thanks for all the table love - I must admit I'm eyeing up other various bits of wooden furniture as potential future projects. The fact that my first one was an enormous hulking dining table that seats 12 when extended means anything else looks easy enough to accomplish by comparison. I'm supposed to drive to the south coast today (it takes about 4 hours) but I don't really feel well enough. I've had some sort of virus/the thing that's been going round for a week now and it won't go away. If I could just transport myself there in an instant without having to drive it would be ok. Then I could sit on the beach and "convalesce". It's not even warm or sunny but it would be nice. Decisions, decisions.

{Post title: best ever epitaph - on Spike Milligan's grave}
{photos: Camilla Akrans}

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh claire i hope you feel better soon...although ahhhhh the sea...the sea...that i believe will make you feel better!

oh yes i read that one (epitaph) years ago...brilliant!

Not a Paper Cup said...

...just put on some little angel wings and fly over!!! ;)

Really nice blog!

RD said...

hope you get well soon... if you would like to export your new-found talents, I have a table that needs a bit of a touch up! bb

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That's proved it . Strenuous manual labour is bad for the health .

Erika said...

Oh no! Feel better soon. (When are they going to build that teleporter already?)

Claire said...

BB - bring it on!

And thank you - I made it in the end.

Stacy said...

fabulous photo on the left