Wednesday, May 26, 2010

GONE...


I hope it's somewhat auspicious that when I opened Designsponge this morning Amy Merrick had done a Living In...post on The Darjeeling Limited, from where I cadged these screen caps. I didn't have time to find my own photos because this afternoon I will get on a plane to India and I have important things to do, like worry. When did I turn into such a panicky traveller? It's true, India requires about 82 times more preparation than a trip within Europe; therefore there are 82 more things that could go wrong/I could forget - add that to the extreme weather conditions: 47 degrees in the north, monsoon in the south = panic, panic, panic. But I really need to pull myself together - (and pack! And re-pack.) I will channel the power of Jason Schwartzman to protect me.

Posting while I'm there is doubtful. If I don't manage it I'll be back in 10 days or so.
x

9 comments:

anna said...

have a wonderful time. I am sending you all the Schwartzman vibes I can muster up!

ephemerette said...

Dont Panic! ...and have a fabulous time x x

Kempt said...

Have a wonderful time. I lived and travelled there for 2 1/2 years, and it is a magic place, where your brain and your eyes and your heart never seem to agree on what your seeing. You will fall in love and out of love one hundred times a day. xo

Unknown said...

best of times only!!!!! xx

Siru said...

I hope you have amazing time there, it's definitely an other world!

juliet xxx

Anonymous said...

Ooo India! I can't wait to see all your pictures! I hope that you have a wonderful time and the power of Jason will help you to remember to bring everything you need.

mridula said...

Welcome to India. Yes its super hot here in Delhi. Too bad you packed before I could intervene. I always tell folks to bring an empty suitcase so they can fill it here - with clothes. We're only garment district to the world.If you're in Delhi check out Sarojini Nagar Market for export surplus castoffs - mostly high street and knockoffs. If you're interested in classier and/or more traditional fare you can get fabric and get anything you want stitched.

Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how lovely! I hope that you have a wonderful time and that the spirit Jason helps you pack all the things you need. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Catherine said...

Hope you're having a lovely time! x