Wednesday, July 08, 2009

SUMMER HAIR...



Ah, the topknot. Something that looks and feels so right for this summer. If this was Grazia magazine I might even say it's a great way to instantly update your look. I've been wearing my hair in a topknot to sleep ever since it got long enough to somehow wrap itself round my neck while I'm sleeping if left loose. And now it gets knotted up in the daytime as well. So easy too - I've managed with just a single bobby pin today. It's perfect if you have a fringe, which also avoids straying into Edwardian laydee territory. In fact, I feel this topknot business is going to get more teased, looser and wider until it resembles just that.


A couple of my favourite recent topknots: The Darling Clementine girls and of course Caroline - who has the best hair anyway (would this be a good time to admit that I basically hair stalked her and took one of her flickr photos to the hairdressers so they'd cut my fringe right? I felt like a bit of a weirdo.)

{top photo: Clare Shilland, other don't know.}

4 comments:

clareassiral said...

if i had love tassels, that would become a permanent do. looks gorgeous

Miss Scarlet said...

I am (im)patiently waiting for fall. I am not a fan of summer hair. unless I'm at the beach:)

Unknown said...

i am trying to grow out a pixie cut...
i guess i shall have this length, in let's say... 5 years from now..;))

Veronica said...

ahh youre right this is the best look for long hair. so useful.
thanks for all the different topknots ideas.