Sunday, May 25, 2008

REISS'S RUFFLES...

I've always thought of Reiss as being a bit too office-y for me. But the other day, on the never ending search for the perfect striped navy t-shirt (not too loose, not too tight, very thin jersey, thinnish stripes, very slight scoop neck) I popped in and found myself cooing over all the lovely ruffly goodness within. It seems, while I was writing Reiss off as a bit safe, it went and upped its game. Fierce shapes, completely fierce shoes (the ones I really liked aren't on the website) and a colour palette of turquoise, coral and lemon yellow (again, nothing on the website in yellow took my fancy) chiffon mixed with basics like paper bag trousers in a sheeny stone coloured linen that looked really "fresh" together - as they say in magazine speak. I really like how the skirts have a structure and quite thoughtfully designed ruffles instead of what everyone has been calling ruffly or flippy skirts; but are in fact the exact same ra-ra skirts I had in 1986. It all made me think of Carrie Bradshaw, of having fun with clothes again like girls started to back in the Sex and the City heyday. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw plenty of Reiss action at the cinema (squeeeee!) next Wednesday night (because you can't go and see the film improperly dressed without decent heels and a clutch bag can you?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

both the skirts are awesome!

Taryn said...

i find myself in love with the shoes

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. pretty ruffles!