Thursday, October 25, 2007

HOUSE OF POORLY...



The lack of bloggage is because I've been down all week with that virus that's been going round. I'm sure you probably have it, or have had it too (in which case I empathize entirely and also ask that you stay at least 5 metres away from me). I know next to nothing about this kind of thing but I thought that human flu and cat flu were not cross contaminatory. (I just invented a damn fine word.) If so, I think we have just made history.

The little one: yesterday she kept lashing out at me, which I put down to her being bored with my repetitive entertainment repertoire of sleep, vomit, wail in agony, clutch at stomach, sleep, vomit, repeat, etc etc. Then this morning she was a little bit sick. Hmmm still a bit grumpy. Then she literally stole the snuggly thick cardigan from my back by kneading at it - you know that piano playing thing cats do - reminds them of being kittens or something. So I gently took it off as she was so into massaging?! it and she climbed inside it, made herself a little nest which covered her completely and she did not emerge for six hours; sometimes emitting a little shiver or sigh which let me know she was still breathing. I wasn't too worried until I offered to put on Sex & The City series 2 and/or the free DVD I got of the first ever episode of Dallas and she wasn't interested. Poor Loly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh god bless the kitties each and everyone of them! when i am sick my cat immediately lays beside me in a ball.
i hope you feel better soon!
delphine

Julia said...

Get better!

Anonymous said...

get well soon, both of you!
xxxxxxx
the two Mias

travel notes said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling bettererer soon xx

RD said...

I think I caught it too... I am now transmitting it to America... Why should those in London be the only ones to suffer? Now the world will suffer with us... BB

cm said...

mexico city is under the Virus influence too. I dont know if it involves cats, but it does carry on effing cold waves.
may you be with health pronto
kiss cat from a distance, from distant blogging me...

Claire said...

thanks everyone, we are feeling better...and we are surely all a most cosmopolitan transatlantic germ carrying crowd,no? x