Monday, January 15, 2007

SOME SNIPPETS FOR LANVIN LOVERS FROM THE CUTE CUDDLY GUY WHO CREATES DEVASTATINGLY CHIC CLOTHES...


"Thank God I don't have to look like a model to promote my work, because that would be a catastrophe. Nobody would buy anything!"

"I think the fact that I never feel perfect and I never feel beautiful and I never feel skinny makes me search for lightness and beauty, because these are what I feel I am missing."

"If I wasn't a designer I would love to be a doctor. That is my fantasy, my dream. A doctor will give you a tablet if you have a headache and I will give you a dress and we both make you feel good."

"By changing your name, you might change your life and by taking that letter out, (t at the end of Albert) my life did change."

"I have things I have worn again and again, but over the years, I alter them, I make them longer, shorter, I change the armhole, I change the shoulder. One of my biggest fears is arriving to the airport and checking in my suitcase because I never know if I will get it back."

"I think this is a fascinating time in design. Vintage is over. This is going to be a very important moment in fashion because we cannot just reproduce.......Instead we have to think. We have to start inventing again."

From Observer Woman, 'How I Get Dressed', 14 January 2007. Read the entire interview here.
image


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant!!!
delphine

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Doesn't it just make you love him even more?!

Anonymous said...

Oh Claire-- THANK YOU for this. I would never have seen it otherwise and LOVED it.

MB, bluepoppy

Julia said...

Oh thank you - he is just adorable and I love Lanvin so much I would do anything for a piece. Alber is the bestest.