Friday, September 09, 2005

BONJOUR PARIS...


It is all TOO exciting. I am actually going to spend October in Paris, home of a fashion week that, unlike London actually has shows by designers I CARE about. I don't mind jostling with security, being seated in a row where I have to strain to see the bottom left half of a model’s back or waiting 2 hours for the show to begin. Because it will be worth it! Hurrah for Isabel Marant, Vanessa Bruno, Chloe, Sonia Rykiel, Balenciaga and Lanvin. I CAN’T WAIT!

So many croissants, a whole month to eat ‘em all.

I am currently obsessed with a particular Vanessa Bruno shirt/coat dress. It is just the kind of thing Audrey Hepburn might have worn in How to Steal a Million. You know when you see something and know immediately that this is the piece you’ll wear all the time, strangers will compliment you when you wear it. It will be indispensable and will make your winter wardrobe perfect. Somehow, it will make your life perfect. I saw it in Copenhagen at a shop called Moshi Moshi which I really like and is just next to the Amokka cafĂ© in Osterbro. I also bought a lovely satin polka dot belt by Baum und Pferdgarten there. ( My other top tip from Copenhagen designer wise is Stella Nova.)

They only had the Vanessa Bruno dress in a large size, the Danes being such slaves to fashion (and also thin from all that interminable cycling) they had obviously pounced on this baby as soon as it hit the rails. ‘Oh, I’ll get it in London’ I thought casually to myself. And now the mission begins. Every stockist of Vanessa Bruno has my phone number, all the details and very specific instructions to CALL ME and put it ON HOLD if they get it. I even phoned the store in Paris and of course spoke in English, my Franglais being quite frankly embarrassing. The assistant rather endearingly asked me to hold while she asked her ‘headmaster’ if they had it.
It will be mine.

No comments: